Thursday 6 March 2014

... but I just wanted to cycle to Greenwich!

That was the plan. No, wrong; originally I wanted to pop by at scrap yard in Leyton. Didn't really happen. Instead I thought I'd cycle to Greenwich as I haven't been there since 1996--sad, I know--and that despite my having very good memories of my first visit to London. All I wanted was to take the red flash out and enjoy the sunshine--anything to ride my Viscount, really. Yesterday, I went to Battersea, but I've cycled that route enough for now and wanted a change of scene. Unfortunately, I never arrived in Greenwich, which was, once again, down to my inability to orientate myself. I stopped at Borough Market and had the fine idea to buy some special German ketchup, but couldn't find neither the market stall or the German deli's shop. Not even after a few rounds on that damn market. Lost again! Great! Sod it, I thought to myself, the sun's shining, get out of here and on the road. Went through Hoxton and Shoreditch and then made a little turn to the right and eventually ended up in Victoria Park where I stopped for a latte and lemon drizzle.






Anyhow, those relaxed times will be over soon when my mate Ben and I are opening our workshop container in Dalston--hopefully happening by end of this month or beginning of April. It's called Bike Box which will basically be Ben doing repairs and custom builds and me, building 27-inch wheels like there's no tomorrow. I've been riding around on mine since October (longer rides and bumpy roads) and I'm rather happy with how they're holding up. So if you know someone who's re-building an old frame and is looking for 27 1 1/4 alloy wheels, tell him/her to look no further. Of course, if you insist to get your bike done be me, I'll probably not say no. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment