Sunday 25 May 2014

My first Lambert: An Aerospace G.P.

I'm happy to announce that I've got a new addition to my fleet: my very first, rather original Lambert. The previous owner had it sitting for ages without wheels and then decided to sell it on. He'd got it from his friend and loved it, but just didn't get round to fixing it up. He said he's really glad it's gone to a good home.
So here it is; a story in pictures. Needs a bit of work: the bearings and headset are shot but, hopefully, the spindle is fine. I'll pull out the BB tomorrow to see what going on.
I think I won't do a restoration job as it would destroy the character of this bike, but I'll clean the whole thing up to get an idea what's going on, then build new wheels and will then happily ride it.
Oh, and it's a 22.5 frame, so it's pretty spot on. I couldn't be happier even if I tried.











No comments:

Post a Comment