Friday 5 July 2013

I'm seeing red!

Ruby Red to be precise. A most wonderful man, also known as the Viscount expert par excellence, has gifted me a fillet brazed Aerospace Sport frame. It needed some minor repairs and a fresh lick of paint, excuse me, powder coating, but other than that it was in fit condition. He made me a superb offer for the jobs and now it's mine! It came back from the painters yesterday and he was keen to send me some pictures. And boy am I smitten. This frame is the beginning of my very first restoration project. My plan is to go for white cables and white handlebar tape, but a black seat. I want to use as many NOS (new old stock) components as possible, including the hubs, shifters, derailleurs, handebar, stem, seat post and brakes. Gotta be done, anything else would be an insult to the beautiful frame. It even has a clear coating if I'm not mistaken, and a newly fitted--by aforementioned expert-- (NOS) bottom bracket. I will, however, build new wheels for the bike. It's going to be Shawn's perfect twin.
Are you curious about the looks yet? Okay, here are the pictures he's sent me. Go on, have a little drool. I know I had tears in my eyes and a racing heart.













No comments:

Post a Comment