Friday 4 April 2014

The days of back- and knee aches are over!

Those of you who remember my post from around Christmas, when I re-built the red flash in my kitchen, using the appliances for a stand: I'll have you know that those times are over. So is balancing the bike between the legs or leaning it against something when doing bar tape.
Because as of today I have a work stand. Okay, it's not a Kestrel, of which I'm a big fan, but it's surprisingly sturdy and will do the trick. I think it would even withstand some serious bottom bracket torquing--I'll test that when I put the Indy 500 back together.
New toy
With the Viscount Indy 500 frame
And for only 30 quid, who could resist? Although there's one thing I'm not happy about: the tool tray ain't big enough. Note: this is only a selection of everyday tools. Guess, I'll have to make one myself or find a different solution. 
A recipe for disaster
Talking about tools: I had to take a picture of the leaflet that came with the stand. Look at warning No. 2--just hilarious. Seriously, do people feel tempted to do such stupid things? The creativity of some human being seems endless, methinks.

More tool news: I finally got round to get myself a metric/imperial Allen key set. Not the prettiest, but does the job; tried it on the blue Sport and I guess I'll be swapping the stems on Sunday. Oh, and something I haven't had since today: an adjustable spanner. It's only 250mm, but the jaw opens up to 35mm; I must admit, though, that I really would like to have a big one, one that I can barely lift. No, I don't need it, but I want it just to drool over it. Might come in handy one day, too. Ah, tool-addicts, eh?
A must for every mechanic




Anyway, after all that heavy lifting (the stand isn't exactly a light weight), I'm hungry. Better get some food into me. Have a lovely weekend, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment