Thursday 5 June 2014

The date of the Death Fork Rally 2 is getting closer ...

And I'm getting more and more excited with every day passing. I've even thought about chiseling marks into my bed post for the count down, but that would possibly be a tad over the top. Still, it's going to be end of this month and I still have a bike to build for this special event. Got the frame powder coated, the transfers sorted, the bottom bracket tool repaired, parts and accessories waiting to be put on the bike--did I mention I'm excited?
And I'd love to share pictures of the bike, to woo you, to make your jaw hit the floor, your eyes pop out, and heart beat faster, but I'll have to contain myself as the master piece won't be revealed until the day itself. One thing I can promise you is that this is a very special Viscount; one the world has never seen before. Oh, yeah, I'm on a secret mission. Appetite whetted?
Well, tough, you'll have to wait! I can reveal one part that'll go on the bike:

Sexy Titlist GS rear derailleur for a Viscount
Yes, that's right, a NOS Shimano Titlist GS rear derailleur, which has finally landed safely in my loving hands, after over four weeks of waiting for it. Trust me, I feel as if I haven't left my spot on the window for the past two weeks, looking out for the postman. The floor shows signs of wear ...
So happy it made it in one piece, as did the BB tool, by the way. Which I'll test drive tomorrow before fitting Joe's BB. I'm still working enticing him to come to the rally. What better place would there be to show off a newly restored Lambert?
And to any of you who are reading and would like to come, please check out this forum thread.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, when is the rally. i have a Viscount Aerospace Sport (all original) except saddle which I have somewhere! Just started riding it again. Has anyone switched forks to steel (from one piece alloy)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Gary. Nice to meet you.

      The rally takes place on the 28th of June, so end of this month. We'll be in Rolleston on Dove (Staffordshire). A nice and easy ride, with lots of pubs to quench the thirst on the way. Please do come along. See details here: http://viscountandlambert.boards.net/thread/176/dfr2-official-announcement
      We'd love to have you.

      I've got a Lambert with 'death fork', but the mark III, so it's safe to ride. I'd be brave (or silly) enough to ride the original one, though. :-)

      Delete