Tuesday 10 June 2014

The blue Sport can't swim!

But that's not what it's expected to do anyway, is it? What it can do, though, is carry its rider--me in this case--along Regent's canal. It was sunny, although a tad on the windy side, today and I took this opportunity to go for an easy ride through 'nature' rather than hitting the high speed roads. Going to the Limehouse and back is definitely nicer during the week as the weekend it's rather much of a stop-and-go affair. Still enjoyable if you are going with a friend or your loved one, just to enjoy the stunning weather, just that you have to share with a lot more people.
I've stopped every now and again to take some shots--even did a 'hey, look, I'm riding' selfie, but will spare you that shock and instead am sharing a few beautiful spots along the canal.
If you're in London and have never been, I hope they'll inspire you to try it out.

Regent's Canal bridge

Oh, how I'd like to live there!

The bike insisted of being in the picture!

Wonderful quiet pond

Monet would have loved this!

I wonder why I always get whites dirty and this one stays clean?

They had a massive feast on the alge. Well, each to their own.

Death Fork Rally toast!

Right, did that make you cycle along the muggy waters? I can only recommend it for both physical and mental well-being.

No comments:

Post a Comment