Monday 27 October 2014

Giving it some serious love

For the past few months I've been really busy, with work taking over my life, leaving hardly any time to work on any of my bikes. A clean was just about what I'd managed and I've decided there's no way I can carry on like this, neglecting my planned projects.
Therefore, I'm changing some work arrangements and with it, will be able to free up some time to finally convert my living room into a workshop again (or use a proper one!).
Anyhow, since winter's sneaking up on us, I thought it's possibly easier to commute on a SS/fixie. Yes, yes, throw nuts and bolts at me, but I always said I'd like to convert one of my Viscounts to a fixed gear for my own development as a mechanic.



The Indy has always been my favourite bike to do this and that's what I'm going to start with next week. Unfortunately, I can't make up my mind regarding colour. Originally, I'd envisioned to not do anything to the frame, keep it as rusty as it is so it could be locked outside without attracting thieves, but I can't bring myself to do this. It's a Viscount, after all, and they deserve love and respect. You probably remember that I'd also considered to get the frame sand blasted, primed, and lacquered, showing it naked, welding and all. Could work, don't you think? Or, since I'm going to use the mudguards that came with the Victor (red and silver) I may even play with those colours a bit. Seriously, I have no idea yet. All I know is that it'll be an upright riding position and will have a flip flop hub, in case I struggle to go fixed.
Whatever the outcome, I'm pretty sure it'll look awesome.
And I'll keep you updated, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment