Thursday 3 July 2014

They're jealous!

At least that's what I think. No, I'm talking about my several (non-existing) boyfriends, or people in general--noo, I'm talking about my bikes. Yes, I've possibly lost the plot now, but I always talk to my bikes and I could have sworn to have seen long faces on my red flash and the blue Sport. The reason being is the Viscountess, for I've given her all my attention. Poor little ones were patiently waiting to be freed and taken for a ride. So today, I thought it's time for the red flash to see some sunlight. One of my favourite routes is along the river Lea, all the way up to the Limehouse, then back on the other side. It's amazing what you find when you're out cycling and this time I stumbled over a new 'outdoor' bike workshop. In fact I almost whizzed past it as it's tucked away next to a little cafe, fenced off. I stopped--mainly because I spotted a loo, which I urgently needed--and then saw the bikes. They've told me they've been there for five weeks, doing repairs as well as selling second-hand bikes. Nice bunch of guys. Of course they had to admire my Viscount and I showed it off with lots of pride, just before grabbing a random person to take a picture of us.
I've made some new friends
If you got a puncture or need other repairs, no problem
Soon after, I went ahead with my ride; the sun was shining and it was still early afternoon, which meant I had more or less a free way. It's far too crowded when it's getting later, as commuters will race (!) along the towpath. Once I arrived at the Limehouse I had to nip into a shop for some snack and drink; the towpath was rather dusty and so was the bike. But it's always a nice picturesque spot to sit down and relax for a moment or two before heading back. Here are some more impressions, including the dust-covered Viscount Aerospace Sport.
East end flash
WTF? A German flag?
Dusty flash
And because I'm a narcissist ...

No comments:

Post a Comment