Wednesday 6 November 2013

Pictures that don't need explaining

I took this one recently to put on my Twitter profile.(@viscountstella) Since it's rare to get your hands on original Viscount-branded brakes, I thought this would make for a really nice picture. 

Unbelievable as it is, I think the rain compliments the shot. At first I wanted to use this one, for I love the colours of the head badge so much:

But, somehow, the Mafac brake, even though a great brand, disturbed the picture. This is Shawn, by the way, the bike that now has a pair of brand-spanking new, shiny wheels, built by my very own hands. 27" 1 1/4, of course. Now he looks like a proper Viscount Aerospace Sport (1976). Although not 100%. I'll probably replace the brakes for some NOS Weinmann ones, as I couldn't get the front one to shut up. It's screaming and squeaking like hell, announcing me from afar. No idea why, as it only started with the new pads. It was all fine with the old ones. But I thought it may be better to get the right pads for alloy, as they're better for the rims. Anyway, I couldn't tighten the arms as the threads seems to be worn. Can't blame them, they've probably done their duty and saved Shawn's previous rider from many crashes.
Unfortunately, the weather didn't permit for some nice pictures of the bike in its full beauty, but I'll deliver them as soon as possible. (You hear that, weather? Tomorrow calls for sunshine, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment